“Table” Video Discussion Guide
- Icebreaker question – Describe a meaningful time you’ve had that involved the Lord’s Table.
- The table is the center of our sanctuaries, the center of our worship, and the center of our identity as Disciples of Christ. How do you understand the “table?”
- Anne Tche suggests that the table is more of a verb, than a noun. How do you see the table in action within the church and world?
- In thinking about the “communion table” in your congregation, do you see a connection to the “family table” in your home where you gather to share meals? (And, how would do describe that connection?)
- “For me the table is a justice issue.” Don Gillett invites us to see the call for justice coming from the table. Where have you seen the church respond to this call?
- As we come to the table every week, we have the chance to recommit ourselves to following Christ. To which description of the table do you think we should commit ourselves? What commitment would you add to our unity at the table?
Download a Copy of the Group Study Guide
Download a Copy of the Individual Study Guide
“Table” Worship Resources
Identity Worship Materials: Table (2014)