“Welcome” Video Discussion Guide
- Icebreaker question – Describe a time when you felt welcome. How did it feel? Describe a time when you felt unwelcome. How did it feel?
- We greet everyone as they come into the church doors, but how do we understand the ways our church “welcomes” people?
- Paul Tche hopes authentic welcome is a community that transforms lives. In what ways does the church embody this hope? How is the church transforming lives?
- Susan Shank Mix gave us a list of the many things a church welcomes – fun, fellowship, laughter, shared sorrows, fascination & frustration. How do you see the church welcoming this list? What would you add to this list?
- True welcome “makes me feel at ease and understood.” Chimiste Doriscar names what we all hope for. How does the church live this out and what can we do to ensure everyone feels welcome and understood?
- Is there anyone you believe would feel unwelcomed at our church? Why?
Download a Copy of the Group Study Guide
Download a Copy of the Individual Study Guide
“Welcome” Worship Resources
Identity Worship Materials: Welcome (2014)